Career prospects in Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance
The P&C Insurance industry in Quebec is...
- More than 3,500 vacant positionsin 2018-2019
- $9,9 billion in premium volume in 2017 2
- 766 employers throughout Quebec 3
- 27,554 employees, including 15,156 representatives certified 4 by the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) and overseen by the Chambre de l’assurance de dommages (ChAD)
But what is the role of P&C Insurance in the lives of people and companies?
Advantages to having a career in P&C Insurance
P&C Insurance is a challenging and diversified field, where you can find employment opportunities that are tailor-made to your needs and interests, with guaranteed benefits: Over 90% placement rate
- Advancement possibilities
- Fast training process
- Advice and help
- Good salary
- Flexible schedules
- Say goodbye to routine
Four main careers to choose from:
But the possibilities don’t stop there : Find out who the P&C insurance professionals are.
How do you become a professional?
Different paths lead to a career in P&C Insurance:
- Insurance and Financial Advisory Services DEC
- AEC in Damage Insurance
- University graduates or students
- Professionnal development for professionnals
Orientation test: Do you and insurance click?
Does a career in P&C Insurance interest you?
Take this orientation test to find out if you’ve got what it takes.
Blog about employment in the P&C Insurance field
Find articles on the blog to learn more about property and casualty insurance, its careers, and industry trends. (in French only)