Investigate. Estimate. Negotiate.
The day-to-day of a Claims Adjuster
- Investigate claims: lawsuits, fire, theft, there are as many claim scenarios as there are claimants!
- Estimate damages (ranging from a few hundred to a few billion dollars )
- Negotiate settlements and indemnify clients so that they can get back on track
- Independant Insurance adjusting firms or insurance companies: in an office, on the road or even your own firm
Prerequisites to become a Claims Adjuster
- Earn a representative’s certificate in Damage Insurance issued by the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF)
- Observation skills
- Ability to connect with others
- Critical thinking
- Listening skills
- Ability to compromise
Did you know?
Most claims get settled over the phone, but from time to time Claims Adjusters must visit the scene of the loss. Some Claims Adjusters work on the road. This motivating career offers a variety of work environments.